Sunday, July 26, 2009

Back ups...

In modern times we are so dependent and reliant on rapid communications. Irecently moved into an area that cannot provide high speed net access, cell coverage is spotty and signal strength is low. We all need work arounds and I have been wireless for phone service for several years. I always have a spare hard drive that is up-to-date with the major portions of the work that is ongoing. I have a large capacity thumb drive that has all the emergency plans and all the ready reference materials for the district. I also have a thumb drive that is built for portable aqpplications since the health department has rtestricted installs of unsupported software. I use evernote, prefer firefox and need conversions and related calculators for everything from radiation dose to square footage.

Having enough back up space also alows for the movement of some nice to have things such as music, in my case about 185 gig that I take to one of the three offices that I work at...all I need now is a set of keys to the local health district office...yet to come, but I have confidence.

No comments: